Education & Training
- Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology Fellowship , Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Magee Womens Hospital of UPMC, Pittsburgh, PA, 2013
- MD, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2009
- Kelly MG, Alvero AB, Chen R, Silasi DA, Abrahams VM, Chan S, Visintin I, Rutherford T, Mor G. TLR-4 signaling promotes tumor growth and paclitaxel chemoresistance in ovarian cancer. Cancer Research, 2006 Apr 1;66(7):3859-68.
Shah B, Chan S, Perreira L, Gold M, Akers A. Teaching trainees to deliver adolescent reproductive health services. Journal of Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology, 2015 Feb;29(1):53-61.
Chan S, Lara-Torre E. Surgical considerations and challenges in the pediatric and adolescent gynecologic patient. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol, 2018 April;48:128-136.
Dao KA, Tadros S, Chan S, Poremski PM, Squires JH. Pediatric ovarian volumes measured at ultrasound after contralateral unilateral oophorectomy. Pediatric Radiology, 2019 May;49(5):632-637.
Childress KJ, Williams AK, Somasundaram A, Alaniz VI, Chan SH, Gill AE. Management of hematometra and hematocolpos in obstructive Mullerian anomalies by image-guided drainage with interventional radiology: A multi-institutional case series. Journal of Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology, 2023 Mar 4;S1083-3188(23)00277-2. doi: 10.1016/j.jpag.2023.02.006
Clinical Interests/Research Interests
- Reproductive tract anomalies
- Reproductive endocrine issues in children and adolescents
- Adolescent endometriosis
- Gynecologic concerns in patients with anorectal malformations
- Fertility preservation in children and adolescents