Emily is a third year Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellow. She is originally from Minnesota, but plans to practice in the DC/Maryland/Virginia region after graduation. She is active in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (SREI), and as an Interactive Associate for the Fertility and Sterility journal. Emily enjoys presenting her research at national meetings and involvement in advocacy for women’s health and infertility.
Education & Training
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- MD, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- Barnard, E.P., Dhar, C.P., Rothenberg, S.S., Menke, M.N., Witchel, S.F., Montano, G.T., Orwig, K.E., Valli-Pulaski, H. “Fertility preservation outcomes in adolescent and young adult feminizing transgender patients.” Pediatrics. Accepted for publication April 30, 2019.
- Laughlin-Tommaso, S.K., Barnard, E.P., AbdElmagied, A.M., Vaughan, L.E., Weaver, A.L., Hesley, G.K., Woodrum, D.A., Jacoby, V.L., Kohi, M.P., Price, T.M., Nieves, A., Miller, M.J., Borah, B.J., Moriarty, J.P., Gorny, K.R., Leppert, P.C., Severson, A.L., Lemens, M.A., Stewart, E.A. “FIRSTT Study: Randomized Controlled Trial of Uterine Artery Embolization Versus Focused Ultrasound Surgery.” Am J Obstet Gynecol 2019; 220(2):174.e1-174.e13. ABOG Maintenance of Certification featured article, May 2019.
- Barnard, E.P., Borowski, K.S., Jensen, J.R., Vaughan, L.E., Mara, K.C., Coddington, C.C. “Pregnancies utilizing donated oocytes pose potential risks to recipients and neonates.” J Reprod Med. Accepted for publication October 12, 2017. Publication anticipated September 2019.
- Barnard, E.P., AbdElmagied, A.M., Vaughan, L.E., Weaver, A.L., Laughlin-Tommaso, S.K., Hesley, G.K., Woodrum, D.A., Jacoby, V.L., Kohi, M.P., Price, T.M., Nieves, A., Miller, M.J., Borah, B.J., Gorny, K.R., Leppert, P.C., Peterson, L.G., Stewart, E.A. “Periprocedural outcomes comparing fibroid embolization and focused ultrasound: a randomized controlled trial and comprehensive cohort analysis.” Am J Obstet Gynecol 2017; 216(5):500.e1-500.e11. ABOG Maintenance of Certification featured article, May 2017.
- Eke, A. C., Barnard, E.P., Desai, A.N., Chescheir, N.C. (2016). "Connect the Dots-August 2016." Obstet Gynecol 2016;128(2): 403-404.
- Barnard, E.P., Bakkum-Gamez, J.N., Hopkins, M.R., Occhino, J.O. “Cervical Lipoleiomyoma: Transvaginal Approach for Excision.” J Gynecol Surg 2015; 31(6), 370-372.