Our program is a participant in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) from the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). All applicants to our program must apply using ERAS. The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences only sponsors J-1 visas. International medical graduates (IMGs) can contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for the application materials and should reference the document below for information pertaining to the departmental requirements for IMGs.
All application materials must be submitted via ERAS. The deadline for receipt of all ERAS application materials for the 2021 NRMP Match cycle is November 1, 2020 .
A completed ERAS application consists of the following:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Three to four Letters of Recommendation (with one letter being from the Ob/Gyn Chair of your medical school)
- Official Transcript of Grades (from all medical schools attended)
- Required Test Reports - to be eligible for an interview, applicants must have passing scores as follows:
- USMLE Steps 1 and 2 (both CK & CS)
- COMLEX-USA Level 1 and 2 (both CE & PE)
Though the program "prefers" that both CK & CS/CE & PE scores are submitted before an applicant is offered an interview, we understand that this may not always be possible. The program does require that USMLE Step 2 CK and CS/COMLEX-USA Level 2 CE & PE scores are submitted to the program via ERAS before the program submits our rank order list to NRMP in mid-February. It is your responsibility to submit updated USMLE/COMLEX-USA score reports to the program anytime there is an update. They do not automatically update.
Non-LCME Accredited Medical School Graduates
Our Admissions Committee will perform a holistic review of your ERAS application materials. The review process is as follows:
- November 1 is the deadline for receipt of ALL ERAS application materials.
- The Admissions Committee will only review ERAS applications when all requested application materials are received, this includes the MSPE.
- Invitations will be extended to applicants on November 10 and November 17.
- Applicants have a 48-hour window to respond once an invitation is extended.
- Only the exact number of interview slots as invited applicants is offered. If an opening is not available on your preferred date, you may add your name to the waitlist.
- All applicants will receive an email regarding their final application status by December 23.
- The program cannot respond to email or phone inquiries from applicants regarding their status or updates to their applications.
Interviews are by invitation only and will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams. Interviews will be conducted Monday-Friday between and the exact dates will be posted in the summer:
As a courtesy to our faculty and wait-listed applicants, we ask that you notify us at least one week in advance if you need to cancel your interview with us.
On average, we receive over 850 applications from both U.S. medical students and international medical graduates each year for our nine first-year positions. We interview approximately 90 applicants over the course of the four interview days. Out of our current resident class, 62% were elected to AOA with approximately 20% having participated in a fourth-year Ob/Gyn elective at our institution. Approximately 51% of the graduates from the past five years of residency have pursued an academic career.
Further information on Hotels - Shuttle - Driving Directions for Resident Applicants