Education & Training
- Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Health Center of Pittsburgh
- MD, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Zyczynski HM, Albo ME, Goldman HB, Wai CY, Sirls LT, Brubaker L, Norton P, Varner RE, Carmel M, Kim HY; Urinary Incontinence Treatment Network. Change in Overactive Bladder Symptoms After Surgery for Stress Urinary Incontinence in Women. Obstet Gynecol. 2015 Aug;126(2):423-30. PMID: 26241434
- Kenton K, Stoddard AM, Zyczynski H, Albo M, Rickey L, Norton P, Wai C, Kraus SR, Sirls LT, Kusek JW, Litman HJ, Chang RP, Richter HE. 5-year longitudinal followup after retropubic and transobturator mid urethral slings. J Urol. 2015 Jan;193(1):203-10. PubMed PMID: 25158274; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4272663.
- Oliphant SS, Bochenska K, Tolge ME, Catov JM, Zyczynski HM. Maternal lower urinary tract injury at the time of Cesarean delivery. Int Urogynecol J. 2014 Dec;25(12):1709-14. PubMed PMID: 2496476251:
- Zyczynski HM, Sirls LT, Greer WJ, Rahn DD, Casiano E, Norton P, Kim HY, Brubaker L; Urinary Incontinence Treatment Network. Findings of universal cystoscopy at incontinence surgery and their sequelae. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014 May;210(5):480.e1-8. PubMed PMID: 24380742; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4011936
For additional publications, see: (Pubmed, ResearchGate or other online collection link) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/myncbi/halina.zyczynski.1/bibliography...? sort=date&direction= descending
Clinical/Research Interest Summary
Clinical Interests/Research Interests
Dr Zyczynski’s research interests are clinical with a focus on short and long-term anatomic and functional outcomes of surgical and non-surgical treatments for pelvic organ prolapse, urinary and fecal incontinence, as well as cost-effectiveness of related diagnostic testing. The majority of her investigations have been conducted collaboratively as a principal investigator in the NICHD Pelvic Floor Disorders Network and the NIDDK Urinary Incontinence Treatment Network. Since 2001 these multidisciplinary coalitions have conducted comparative effectiveness trials on traditional and emerging treatments for pelvic floor disorders including hysteropexy (in lieu of hysterectomy), mesh augmented repairs, biofeedback, neuromodulation, intravesical Botox and lifestyle modification. Dr. Zyczynski is a core faculty mentor of the Ob/Gyn residency and the Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery fellowship. Nationally, Dr. Zyczynski serves as an oral board examiner for the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and will serve as president of the board of directors of the American Urogynecologic Society in 2016.