Dr. Napoe is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. She completed a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Harvard’s Integrated program at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. Her fellowship in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery was at Brown University.
Dr. Napoe believes in living in a diverse and equitable environment where every person lives with dignity and the confidence that their healthcare will serve their needs. As a physician, she strives to improve the quality of every patient’s life through medical or surgical management. As a teacher, she knows that every trainee at the University of Pittsburgh can become an excellent physician and strives to unlock and build on their unique talents. Dr. Napoe believes in respectful and responsible global health and understands that birthplace and location should not prohibit access to care. As a citizen of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the United States, and the world, she recognizes the privilege of her position. She uses her voice and skills to improve the quality of life of women everywhere she goes, whether in Western Pennsylvania or Western Africa.
Education & Training
- MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital/Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Fellowship, Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode Island Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Division of Urogynecology & Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery, Providence, RI
- Napoe GS, Adjei NN, Cooper AC, Raker C, Korbly NB. Postpartum Urinary Retention Management: A Survey of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Residents in the United States. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2020; Nov;40(8):1118-1121. PMID 32068448.
- Napoe GS, Rardin CR. Case report of a peritoneal inclusion cyst presenting as pelvic organ prolapse. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2020; Oct;40(7):1036-103. PMID: 31607189.
- Napoe GS, Stewart LE, Myers, DL. Impact of cystotomy location on cystography results. Female Pelvic Med Reconstruct Surg. 2020; Jan 25. Online ahead of print. PMID 32217915.
- Lassey SC, Napoe GS, Carusi D, Schantz-Dunn J, Robinson JN. Hyponatremia Among Parturients Transferred to the Hospital After Prolonged Labor During an Attempted Home Birth.Obstet and Gynecol. 2019 Jul; 134(1): 106-108. PMID 31188315.
- Free L, Ruhotina M, Napoe GS, Beffa L, Wohlrab K. Uterine Inversion Presenting as Pelvic Organ Prolapse in a patient with Leiomyosarcoma. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2019; Mar 26. S1553-4650 (19)30135-9.PMID: 30926367.
Please see complete list of publications at:
Clinical Interests/Research Interests
I look for patterns in medical education and care that may drive healthcare disparities. I am passionate about increasing diversity in medicine to better serve and improve the lives of communities in which we live.