The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine fellowship program in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI),addresses all aspects of academic pursuit, both medical and surgical to train individuals for an academic career in the specialty. A multi-disciplinary approach to fellow education is provided through the entire training period. Particular emphasis is placed on surgical training spanning from pediatric to adult patients.
Fellows are well educated in state of the art Minimally Invasive Surgery including advanced operative laparoscopy and hysteroscopy as well as robotic surgery. This is complemented by extensive research mentorship and ample opportunity to complete requirements for specialty certification. A large clinical practice, well-rounded curriculum, combined with a strong focus on management of a wide array of reproductive endocrinology issues, abundant exposure to assisted reproductive technology and one-on-one faculty mentorship, prepares fellows for virtually all aspects of REI patient care.
Meet our Current Fellows:
The REI Fellowship Program participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) Match.
Please DO NOT apply through SREI. Applications will only be accepted through ERAS.
All applications through ERAS must include:
- Complete online application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Official Test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE Steps I, II and III, LMCC, COMPLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS< FLEX or NBME)
- ECFMG Status Report (if applicable)
- 4 Letters of Recommendations (must include one from the chairman of the department of residency training)
For further information please contact:
Eileen McKenna - Program Coordinator
Joseph S. Sanfilippo, M.D., MBA - Fellowship Director